Europe has many tourist strongholds to offer. But if you want to spend your own vacation away from the crowds and predetermined tourist offers, the following places are recommended.
- La Graciosa – Spain
The island of La Graciosais only one kilometer north of the Canary Island of Lanzarote. In contrast to this popular holiday destination, La Graciosa with its few hundred inhabitants, unpaved roads and deserted dream beaches is an idyllic retreat for a completely relaxing holiday.
- Monte Isola – Italy
The inland island of Monte Isolais located in Lake Iseo in northern Italy, near the city of Bergamo. In the four larger and numerous smaller villages, holidaymakers can forget everyday life undisturbed and let themselves be enchanted by the village-like Italian charm.
- Aran Islands – Ireland
On the Aran Islands off the west coast of Ireland, barely 1000 people live between historical remains from the Iron Age. In addition to the many small gardens, surrounded by stone walls, holidaymakers can experience old Irish traditions up close. The picturesque landscape is also ideal for long hikes or bike rides.
- Pielachtal – Austria
In the Lower Austrian Pielachtal you can admire the untouched nature of the foothills of the Alps on the one hand and the life of the local population on the other. This unspoilt nature is also reflected in the large fish population in the eponymous river Pielach.
- Tróodos Mountains – Cyprus
The mountains in the southwest of Cyprus are a tempting travel destination for holidaymakers who value various cultural treasures such as local culinary specialties, flora and fauna of the region or traditional village festivals. All of this can be admired here alongside numerous monasteries with architecturally special churches.
- Durbuy – Belgium
Durbuyis a municipality that has consisted of around 40 individual villages since the Middle Ages. 400 people still live in thehistoric center ofDurbuy . In addition to the hundreds of kilometers of idyllic hiking trails, the local castle, located on a small river between fruit trees, is an absolute highlight.
- Kuldiga – Latvia
The city of Kuldiga, also called Goldingen, is located in Latvia and is also affectionately known as the “Venice of Latvia”. Both the Windau, one of the most beautiful rivers in the country, and its numerous tributaries and tributaries make the place one of the most beautiful holiday destinations in Europe. The “Ventas Rumba”, the widest waterfall in Europe, which is located near the city, is also impressive.
- Bratislava – Slovakia
The Slovakian capital Bratislava, with its 400,000 inhabitants, is the only European capital that is located on a three-country corner. The Austrian capital Vienna and Hungary are only a few kilometers away. It is also the only major city on the Danube that lies on both banks of the river. Numerous historical buildings, narrow streets and picturesque house facades invite you to linger here.
- Amsterdam – Netherlands
The city of Amsterdam has its very own flair. Numerous small rivers cross the city, hundreds of equally small bridges, some lovingly decorated, cross those canals. In these canals lie the typical Dutch houseboats, on which many local residents spend their time when they are not cycling through Amsterdam like many of their fellow human beings.
- Hamburg – Germany
Although the northern German city of Hamburg isone of the largest cities in Europe, you can still spend a great holiday here. A multicultural society alternates with a multitude of cultural offers. Historic districts add to the enchanting cityscape, as do more modern, bustling neighborhoods. In addition, the Reeperbahn in Hamburg is always worth a trip.
- 10 Traditional Foods to Taste in China
- Austria Economy
- Brazil Travel Guide
- Brief Information about Denmark
- Brief Information about Norway
- City Break in Singapore and Indonesia
- Colombia Tour Plan
- Eastern Africa Economy
- Egypt Facts
- Emigrate to Dominican Republic
- Guadeloupe Tour Plan
- Iran Travel Guide
- Japan Country Facts
- Kyrgyzstan As an Independent State
- Major Cities in Latvia
- Morocco Travel Guide
- Norway Travel Guide
- Sri Lanka Travel Guide
- Top 10 Sights in Denmark
- Turkmenistan Travel Guide
- United Kingdom Travel Overview
- Western Africa Economy
- When Is The Best Time to Travel to Maldives
- Winter Vacation in Asia
- 5 Experiences in Sri Lanka
- Climate of Hattiesburg, Mississippi December 4, 2023 - Hattiesburg, Mississippi, situated in the southeastern part of the state, experiences a humid subtropical climate characterized by hot summers, mild winters, and a significant amount of precipitation throughout the year.… Read more
- Climate of Columbia, Missouri November 26, 2023 - Columbia, located in central Missouri, experiences a humid continental climate characterized by four distinct seasons with varying temperatures and precipitation. The figures provided here are based on earlier estimates, and… Read more
- Climate of Great Falls, Montana November 18, 2023 - Great Falls, Montana, located in the north-central part of the United States according to citiesplustowns.com, experiences a semi-arid climate characterized by cold winters, warm summers, and relatively low precipitation. The… Read more
- Mize, Mississippi November 13, 2023 - Located in central Mississippi, Mize is a small town with a rich history and picturesque geography. Nestled in the rolling hills of Smith County, this charming community is surrounded by… Read more
- Flatwoods, West Virginia November 6, 2023 - Flatwoods is a small town located in Braxton County, West Virginia, United States. The town is situated in the Appalachian Mountains, about 100 miles northeast of Charleston, the state capital.… Read more
- Youngstown, New York October 30, 2023 - Youngstown, New York, is a picturesque village located in Niagara County. Situated on the eastern shore of the Niagara River, at the mouth of Lake Ontario, Youngstown boasts a stunning… Read more
- Woodbury, New York October 23, 2023 - Woodbury, New York is a picturesque town located in Orange County, in the southern part of the state. Situated in the Hudson Valley region, Woodbury boasts a diverse and captivating… Read more
- Kathmandu, Nepal Geography October 23, 2023 - Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal, is located in the Kathmandu Valley in the central part of the country. This valley is surrounded by the towering peaks of the Himalayas,… Read more
- Climate of Lincoln, Nebraska October 23, 2023 - Lincoln, Nebraska, experiences a humid continental climate with distinct seasons. This climate type is characterized by warm to hot summers and cold winters, with significant temperature variations between seasons. In… Read more
- Whitney Point, New York October 16, 2023 - Whitney Point is a small village located in Broome County, New York. Situated in the southern part of the state, it is part of the Binghamton Metropolitan Statistical Area. The… Read more